Skye Thomas

Skye Thomas
Writer, Rebel, and Soapbox Ranter

Monday, November 05, 2012

Voting for a Life Beyond the 2012 Apocalypse - Looking Up Newsletter

November 5th, 2012
Looking Up Newsletter

Good morning,

As I re-read today’s feature article written back at the beginning of this year about what I planned to do differently this year, I find myself embarrassed. Once again, I simply voted (early and by mail-in ballot) and quietly donated a few dollars to my political party of choice. I did not publicly rant and DO anything to help. I stayed busy and enjoyed my happy little life as I allowed others to do the work of fixing our country’s problems.

I know that many of you are living in areas where voting is a challenge because of weather, work issues, childcare challenges, transportation, and/or a lack of voting hours and polling locations in your community. I am not going to try to persuade you to pick my favorite candidates, but I am going to tell you that this election, like the others, is a big deal and I hope that you find a way to get to the polls and make your voice heard.

take care,
Skye Thomas


Tomorrow's Edge
...inspiring leaps of faith
www.TomorrowsEdge.net

Books, articles, newsletters,
life coaching, and horoscopes.



This Month's News of Interest:


The November monthly forecasts were sent out to the subscribers and posted to the website back on the 19th. Here are the links...


If the new horoscopes do not show up, please click on the “refresh” button within your browser.




The 2013 yearly horoscopes have been posted to the website. Here are the links...


Personalized versions of the 2013 Overviews are also available...




Fun and unique goodies can be found at our Tomorrow's Edge Gift Shoppe!



Find out more about who you are...
Or if the two of you are compatible...
Or what's coming up around the next bend in the road!



Books by Skye Thomas




Who is Skye Thomas?

Skye Thomas is the CEO of Tomorrow's Edge, an Internet leader in inspiring leaps of faith. Her books, articles, and astrological forecasts have inspired people of all ages and faiths to recommit themselves to the pursuit of happiness. To read more of her articles, previews of her books, and her astrology forecasts, go to www.TomorrowsEdge.net. To read more about Skye and to read archives of this free weekly newsletter, go to www.SkyeThomas.com.



Skye Thomas Websites





Quote of the Week:

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use. – Kierkegaard

Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of the day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers (administrators) too plainly proves a deliberate, systematic plan of reducing us to slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river. - Ross Perot

Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the laws of nature! - George Bernard Shaw




Feature Article of the Week:


Beyond the Apocalypse

Last week, I wrote a 2012 article about fearing for the predicted apocalypse. I normally only write one New Year’s themed article each year. But today, I felt a need to write another one and it is of a very different tone. Last time, I talked about being grateful for all that we have and enjoying every moment of our planet before it is blown up, thrown off its axis, overtaken by aliens, bombarded with solar flares, or whatever it is that will happen. And I meant it and I still mean it. I really am going to cherish every beautiful moment of this year as if it were my last. The thought still moves me to tears. (Geez! I have really gotten weepy in the last few years.) All of that aside, I am also getting really angry this year. I am angry with the puppet masters that control our politicians, corporations, schools, local governments, churches, etc. I am angry at their greed and selfishness. I am angry that they cannot see the long-term damage they are doing to this planet, to the masses, and to themselves. Do they really think that we have an endless supply of patience, resources, and money to continually funnel into their gluttonous little fists? This year, I am also going to do more than just shake my fists at the television. I am going to speak out more and hide less.

When I look at the traffic analysis reports that show me the types of people that come to my site, who reads my work, and what they all have in common, I am told that my readers are more educated than most and therefore they tend to be a bit more successful than most. I also know from your emails that you are some of the most warm-hearted and generous people too. I know that you have all been smart about your finances, careful as you maneuver your way through the last few years’ economic turmoil, and that you don’t have a lot of patience for foolishness, meanness, or negativity. That is not to say that you are airheads living in a fantasy world where everything is lollypops and rainbows or that you lie to yourselves and pretend that ALL it takes to succeed in life is to meditate about how rich you wish you were. You are very open to the esoteric, metaphysical, and/or spiritual ways of life, but you are not dumb or gullible about it. I am quite aware that you want to be happy and hopeful, but that you are also realists. So I try not to rant and rage about politics and things that are going wrong in the world and how it can feel as if we are losing against the greedy and corrupt.

But you know, so many of us that are smart, clean, professional, polite, and living our quiet peaceful little lives are feeling the same way. Many of us feel that they have let things get way out of control. We “get it” why the peasants are marching in the streets even if they are not very articulate or camera friendly representatives of the downtrodden, the suckered, the gullible, the needy, and the simply too smart to be fooled anymore. We tell ourselves that we are glad to see “someone is finally doing something about those greedy bastards” and we are comforted by the idea that we personally are not camping outside in the cold or getting arrested or that we are even the needy ones that they are trying to speak out for. It is nice to cheer for our team from the warmth and comfort of the sofa while shaking a fist at the television. We laugh at the stupidity of the other side for believing the foolish lies they are told. And we judge each other’s politicians for being sell-outs, liars, and control freaks. But we personally, do not contribute much more than our votes and maybe a little financial donation now and then. We do not speak out and we do not get involved. But we pray, we visualize, we meditate, and we hold the light and we just know that enlightenment will find its way into everyone’s hearts and will somehow win the day.

We tell ourselves that we are too busy with our careers, families, errands, hobbies, love lives, fitness routines, and other goals and projects to be able to do much more than read to stay abreast of what is going on and to make those occasional financial donations to the side that we think is right in this battle over who gets to control the direction we are all heading in together as a people. And we are right, we are too busy. Did we stop to think that maybe that was the plan all along? To keep us so busy with our low paying jobs and our personal lives and our ever hungry desires thanks to the advertising industry. By keeping us so busy, we forget to get involved, to stand up for what is right, to remember that there is a “we the people” that has a huge amount of power and knowledge and that is supposed to be SELF-GOVERNED. We forget that our country is becoming a corporate run business where profit is our only god and the collateral damage to people’s lives is “nothing personal, just business”.

This year, I vow to stay angry longer, not to forget that I am angry. I vow to stay cognizant of the fact that there are real problems in this country that need fixed and that those who are trying to fix it need our help. I will not forget that things are broken even while I am still being grateful for the blessings and beauty that is in my life. This year, I will become angrier as a way to protect that which I am so thankful for. I am going to fight and argue as if it is my last chance to do so, because it just might be.


Need someone to talk to about life's challenges?
Skye Thomas is available for life coaching.

Copyright 2012, Skye Thomas, Tomorrow’s Edge






If someone forwarded this newsletter to you and you would like to be included on a regular basis, send us an email to Subscribe@TomorrowsEdge.net with the words "free motivational newsletter" in the subject line. We will be happy to add you to the list.

To unsubscribe from this newsletter, send a blank email to Remove@TomorrowsEdge.net. We will make sure you are promptly removed without any hassles. This may sound obvious, but send it from the same email address that we send this to or the automated system will think you are opting a new address into the system instead of removing an old one.

To change email addresses, opt out of the old address by sending an email to Remove@TomorrowsEdge.net and then opt in with the new address by sending an email to Subscribe@TomorrowsEdge.net with the words "free motivational newsletter" in the subject line.



Tomorrow's Edge
...inspiring leaps of faith
www.TomorrowsEdge.net

Books, articles, newsletters,
life coaching, and horoscopes.

No comments: