Skye Thomas

Skye Thomas
Writer, Rebel, and Soapbox Ranter

Monday, October 08, 2012

Friends as Cheerleaders - Looking Up Newsletter

October 8th, 2012
Looking Up Newsletter

Good morning,

We spotted a display of Christmas music at the store yesterday. I passed on the idea. If I start now, I will be sick of it before Halloween. That is just a tad too early.


take care,
Skye Thomas

Tomorrow's Edge
...inspiring leaps of faith
www.TomorrowsEdge.net

Books, articles, newsletters,
life coaching, and horoscopes.



This Month's News of Interest:

2013 Horoscope Books

All of the 2013 monthly horoscopes have been written -- that is 12 different monthly forecasts (January through December) for each of the 12 different zodiac signs. These monthly forecasts along with their corresponding yearly overview have been compiled and turned into paperback and PDF ebooks...


In addition to getting them from our website, you can also get them directly from our publishers too...

Smashwords: Kindles, Nooks, and other ebooks formats
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/SkyeThomas

Lulu: Paperback books
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/SkyeThomas


New! Amazon New!
If you put Skye Thomas in Amazon’s book search, they show 14 of 

my books and some other people’s books too (authors with Skye 
and/or Thomas somewhere in their name). If you put quotes 
around my name “Skye Thomas”, then they only show two of my old 
books and none of the new 2013 horoscope books. Oh well.
http://www.Amazon.com





The 2013 yearly horoscopes have been posted to the website. Here are the links...



Personalized versions of the 2013 Overviews are also available...





Fun and unique goodies can be found at our Tomorrow's Edge Gift Shoppe!


Find out more about who you are...
Or if the two of you are compatible...
Or what's coming up around the next bend in the road!




Books by Skye Thomas





Who is Skye Thomas?

Skye Thomas is the CEO of Tomorrow's Edge, an Internet leader in inspiring leaps of faith. Her books, articles, and astrological forecasts have inspired people of all ages and faiths to recommit themselves to the pursuit of happiness. To read more of her articles, previews of her books, and her astrology forecasts, go to www.TomorrowsEdge.net. To read more about Skye and to read archives of this free weekly newsletter, go to www.SkyeThomas.com.



Skye Thomas Websites






Quote of the Week:

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. – Aristotle

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - T. S. Eliot, Poet

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates



Feature Article of the Week:


Cheerleaders

This article assumes that you have chosen a goal, dream, or task for yourself. You may or may not have started implementing your step-by-step plans yet. Are you a bit shaky in your faith though? Maybe you have a tendency to doubt your ability to carry this thing out to completion. You need a support system that will hold you up when the road gets rocky.

Think about the people you know. Who believes in you? Who do you think would believe in your goal? Ask them to be your cheerleaders. Do not be discouraged if there is only one person whom you feel is truly safe and will give you unconditional support. Whether it is one person or one hundred does not matter. You decide how many cheerleaders you need for any given dream and which ones to choose.

Tell them your dream. Do not be squeamish or shy about it. Just say it aloud. Ask that they hold you to your highest potential and help you to not make excuses when you are afraid and want to quit. They will say yes and do it for you or you would not have chosen them to be your cheerleaders.

Jennifer and I had been friends for about three years when I had finally decided to start my own business as a motivational speaker and writer. I had been telling everyone for years that I would be doing this “someday”. While staying the weekend with her, she asked me how my new career was going. I told her I could not do it because I had been overcome by fear and doubt. I recited for her all the logical fears and doubts that I had come across. I pointed out how outsiders were also bringing up these same concerns and therefore they must be real and valid. There were just too many logical reasons to give up and quit.

She never responded. I felt as if I was talking to a wall. She just sat there with a blank look on her face. This was my very best friend. We were known for talk-a-thons that our husbands and children could not compete in and yet she was not saying a single word to me. She was not responding to my very real fears. I took it as validation that she must agree with me. And since it is her nature to be incredibly loving and supportive, she must not want to say it aloud. “Yep, Jen knows I bit off more than I can chew and is just too sweet to tell me the truth!”

Later that same evening, we were sitting at her kitchen table and I told her I was somewhat surprised that she did not utter a peep when I was telling her all the reasons I should not, could not, and would not start the business after all of these years of saying that I was going to do it. I assured her that I was not angry with her for not responding, but that I was just surprised. I had never known her to be speechless before that day.

She looked at me straight faced and said, “As long as I’ve known you, you were going to do this. I just figured you are still going to do it. Have you come up with a name for your business yet?” She then offered some ideas for business names. I pretty much hated all the ideas that she threw out at me. My daughter jumped in and suggested we call it “The Motivation Station”. Jen and I were laughing as we quickly discarded that idea. We pulled out paper and pens and started brainstorming business names. We were also playing around with designing a logo, letterhead, and business cards. I completely forgot that I had given up on starting my own business.

I did not choose a name until the next day while driving the four hours to get back home. She had planted the seed of naming my company. She had set me back into forward motion. She had simply stated her undying faith in me, carried my dream for me, continued forward with my dream when I did not think I could, and then handed it back to me when I was not paying attention. She expected me to live up to my best. She never doubted that I would keep moving forward and succeed.

Not only had I picked my dream back up, I had named the thing! I could not wait to get home because my next three or four steps were laid out for me. I had to register my business name with the state, print up business cards, and start doing trademark research. I could not wait to get back to work! Jennifer was a great cheerleader.

Originally, I had not thought to include the idea of a life coach in with the concept of cheerleaders. Now that I have chewed on it for a while, I think of them as professional cheerleaders. You may or may not feel unconditional love from them like you would a personal friend or relative, but they are making their living at being awesome cheerleaders. They are paid to give you “Rah! Rah!” speeches and to have clever ideas to help you when you hit those down times while on the road to living your dreams. Life coaches can definitely be of help. Like anything else, you get what you pay for, so shop wisely.

Even if you only have one cheerleader in your corner, know that they are perhaps your most valuable resource when battling against fear and self-doubt. Your cheerleader will carry your vision for you when you cannot see it clearly. Your cheerleader believes in you with or without your goals. Your cheerleader holds you accountable for your life choices. Your cheerleader will let you give your goals voice until you get used to hearing it said aloud to others.

Thank your cheerleaders by returning the favor. You can cheer them on with their goals and dreams too. What greater way is there to say “Thank you” or “I love you,’ then to be someone’s cheerleader?



Need someone to talk to about life's challenges?
Skye Thomas is available for life coaching.


Adapted from a segment of Beyond the Inner-Critic by Skye Thomas, copyright 1999, 2003, 2012








If someone forwarded this newsletter to you and you would like to be included on a regular basis, send us an email to Subscribe@TomorrowsEdge.net with the words "free motivational newsletter" in the subject line. We will be happy to add you to the list.

To unsubscribe from this newsletter, send a blank email to Remove@TomorrowsEdge.net. We will make sure you are promptly removed without any hassles. This may sound obvious, but send it from the same email address that we send this to or the automated system will think you are opting a new address into the system instead of removing an old one.

To change email addresses, opt out of the old address by sending an email to Remove@TomorrowsEdge.net and then opt in with the new address by sending an email to Subscribe@TomorrowsEdge.net with the words "free motivational newsletter" in the subject line.




Tomorrow's Edge
...inspiring leaps of faith
www.TomorrowsEdge.net
Books, articles, newsletters,
life coaching, and horoscopes.

No comments: